To describe them precisely, ‘Superfruits’ are essentially fruits which have been found to contain exceptionally large amounts of nutrients and antioxidants which can boost your metabolic rate and weight loss.
Acai berries, goji berries, maqui berries, pomegranate and African mangoes, for instance, have all been discovered to have a high ORAC rating, and as a result have gone on to become a quite popular weight loss product.
How can Superfruits contribute to weight loss?
You would need to eat a lot of acai berries or pomegranates a day in order to witness their capacity for weight loss, as each piece of fruit only contains a certain amount of antioxidants and nutrients.
Fortunately you don’t have to do that…
Manufacturers are now able to freeze-dry and condense the potency of these Superfruits into easy to swallow pills and drinks so you can benefit from their antioxidant properties in one sitting.
But how do they work?
Every Superfruit has got its own health benefits, but as you will soon see, most work by cleansing your body of toxins which may be inhibiting your metabolic rate.
- African Mango – derived from the Irvingia Gabonensis tree, seeds taken from these mangoes have been proven to significantly reduce your body weight by improving your metabolic rate and regulating your leptin levels (the hormone responsible for telling your body that you are full).
- Acai – eliminating the accumulation of free radicals and toxins in your system which is responsible for slowing down your metabolism, acai essentially helps to revitalize your metabolic rate.
- Goji – studies have found that Goji converts slowly into blood sugar, helping you to feel fuller for longer and suppress your appetite. Enriched in chromium, goji berries also help to preserve lean muscle masswhich ensures that you burn food for fuel rather than storing it.
- Maqui – similar to acai berries, maqui contains nearly double the antioxidants ensuring for a deeper cleanse of toxins which may be inhibiting your metabolic rate.
- Pomegranate – preventing the hardening of arteries triggered by a build up of plaque; pomegranate has been linked to: weight loss, lower blood pressure, reduced cholesterol, increased energy levels and a reduction in the build up of toxins.
And the great thing is they are 100% natural. So if you are interested in detoxing your body, then why not incorporate a Superfruit into your diet? Ingested at their full potency, Superfruits can contribute to your fat burn.