Guide To Create Your Own Meal Plan For Losing Fat

By | December 2, 2013

7-day-meal-planAlthough the nutrition fundamentals for fat loss apply to everyone, if you want to lose fat efficiently and permanently you’ll need to have your own customized daily meal plan to lose fat that fits your body type, lifestyle, disposition and personal taste.

As long as a diet consist of a calorie deficit it should be able to work to make fat loss happen, but the biggest reason fat loss diets fail to work for many people is lack of compliance. And the main reason people fail to comply with fat loss diets is when it doesn’t fit their individual preferences and circumstances. Also, having your meal plan customized to your individual requirements will help optimize your results for ultimate fat loss success.

The Calorie Deficit For You

To create a meal plan to lose fat, you first need to calculate your total daily energy expenditure based on your weight and activity level. Once you’ve done that, you can create your ideal calorie deficit and decide how many calories you are going to cut from your daily intake.

The calorie deficit do not have to be the same for everyone. It’s important to use an individualized calorie deficit that fits your goals, your body fat level and eating preferences that will allow you to lose fat safely at the optimal rate.

The Right Balance Of Your Macronutrients

Once you’ve figured out your calorie deficit and have your daily calorie intake that’ll allow weight loss to happen, you can move on to the next step of calculating your optimal ratios and grams of protein, carbohydrate and fat.

1-mealWhat you’ll be doing is dividing up your total calories in desired proportions of the 3 macronutrients. Example 50% carb/30% protein/20% fat. So if your total daily calories to lose weight is 2000 calories, you simply divide that by 50%, 30% and 20% respectively to know how many calories that’ll be coming from each macronutrient. After this is done you can then convert the calories into grams to measure your foods to hit those numbers.

Macronutrients ratios should also be individualized. The right amount of protein, carb and fat to create an optimal macronutrient balance should be based on your goals, body type and personal preferences.

The Number Of Meals You’ll Eat Per Day

There are different recommendations, but there is no law that says how many meals per day that is correct for losing fat. The important thing is getting your required amount of calories and macronutrients everyday. Most people eat anywhere between 3-6 meals per day.

You can easily decide the size of your meals as it fits you best. It doesn’t always have to be an equal division of the number of meals you consume. For example if you choose to eat 4 meals per day and your calorie intake is 2000 calories, then each meal could be an equal 500 calories or they can be equally divided depending on what fits your situation best. The most important thing is making sure to stick to your calorie deficit and macronutrient ratio everyday.

This basically is the main guide to create your own customized meal plan to lose fat. I did not go into the nutrition details like the right type of foods to eat and how the combination of your macronutrients would impact your body and the fat loss process. That’s because I focused this article on the meal planning aspect of losing fat, not really the nutritional planning.